As we head toward winter, here’s a guide to understanding how Lynden Schools communicates closures and delays due to inclement weather:
• School closure decisions will be communicated the prior evening whenever possible to allow for family planning. When unable, we will make our best effort to inform families and staff by 5:30 a.m. on days when a decision is made to delay or close schools.
• Information on delays and school closures will be emailed to families and posted on the Lynden Schools Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Local news sources will be provided with this information, although we do not control what they elect to do with it.
• Modified bus routes may need to be implemented. If so, we will include that information in our communication to families. More details on those routes are found on the district website.
• The district does not communicate if there are no changes to the schedule. No news means school will operate as scheduled.
• Lynden Schools encourages students, families and staff to use their best judgement when traveling to and from schools during inclement weather.
• When school is delayed one hour, LMS will use its Wednesday late-start bell schedule. LHS will use this one-hour bell schedule.
• When school is delayed two hours, students at LMS can follow this bell schedule. LHS will use this schedule.