The Lynden School District Strategic Plan was developed through the input of community members, parents, staff, and students. Input and feedback was gathered and a number of drafts were developed and reviewed. The Lynden School District Board of Directors and the Lynden School District Administration spent many hours reviewing the information and suggesting amendments to the plan. The final priorities are a direct result of the input and feedback from many stakeholders. The three areas of focus in the plan identify the work that will take place in the Lynden School District.
Each of our school’s will create an annual School Improvement Plan that reflects the priorities in the strategic plan, as well as its own unique challenges.
4 Areas of Focus
- Safe and Supportive Learning Environment – Caring and safe environment where every child is known by name and need
- College and Career Ready Graduates – All students prepared for life after high school
- Family and Community Partnerships – Nurture and build relationships with families and stakeholders to fully participate as partners in every child’s education
- Responsible Citizenship – Develop understanding of the democratic process and an individual’s civic responsibility in our community and larger society
Explicit Goals and Indicators
- Literacy and Numeracy – 3rd Grade ELA and Math, 9th Grade Algebra 1,
- Science – Next Generation Science 5th, 8th and HS
- Graduation Rates – 9th Grade on Track to Graduate, Attendance, 4 and 5-year Graduation Rates
- Closing the Achievement Gaps – School Improvement Plans
- College and Career Indicators – Redefining Ready Matrix
- Quality Instruction – Core instruction, guaranteed and viable curriculum, progress monitoring, job embedded PD, high expectations for self and students
- Collaborative Culture – Collaborative teaming with an underlying growth mindset to continually seek out and apply best instructional practices
- Safe and Supportive Learning Environment – Social emotional learning embedded in a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Strengthen instructional knowledge and skills and provide highly engaging lessons each day for every student.
- Identify essential content and provide adequate time for teachers to teach the skills and content and for students to learn the content.
- Develop and maintain effective communication between the Lynden School District, staff, parents, and community stakeholders.